// Inspection and Rating
Field trials and analyses: APL is a competent partner in the inspection and rating of engines and powertrain components
Something that can only be reliably measured and assessed with a lot of experience: The competent evaluation of components plays a major role in testing
Visual assessment and documentation are the core competencies of our experts. Both steps are carried out in accordance with European standards and the specifications of vehicle manufacturers. With experience built up over many years, our experts make well-founded statements regarding the condition of an engine. This expertise is recognised throughout the automotive industry.
The Building Blocks of Success
Evaluation or “rating” of the engines and their parts takes place within the framework of many test procedures. To ensure international comparability, specified standards are followed exactly.
Accreditation takes place in accordance with ISO9001 and ISO17025.
Participation in rating workshops organised by CEC
Accredited processes for evaluation and documentation
Support for projects carried out in Landau
Planning tool to organise processes
Under stringent test conditions, the tes fluid must reach its full potential. Its performance is reflected in the results of the subsequent evaluation.
Rating According to Standard Methods
- 600 ratings per year
- Regular participation in rating workshops
- Internal comparisons between all raters
- Communication with project engineers
- Support in determining causes of failure and damage
Individual Process Development
- Identification of relevant parts
- Customised development of rating and evaluation methods
- Validation of processes with customers
- Improvement and extension of existing methods
- Regular status reports to customers and users
External Field Test Evaluation
- Global operations
- Rapid availability of rating team
- Quick, on site evaluation
- Minimum down-time for test vehicles
- Mobile equipment for ratings
- Mobile photo studio
- Direct communications with vehicle users
I enjoy my work at APL because my team is highly motivated and we are active in an exciting area of the industry. I take pleasure in passing on my experience and am always ready to act as a consultant for my colleagues.
Peter K., Rating Team Manager
Am Hölzel 11
// APL Group